Subject: Max DXF to LightWave
From: Andrew Diller <[email-masked]>
To: light <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 11:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

I managed to finally convert some mac DXF format files into something 
that lightwave could load.

First, these DXF files were created by fromZ & Trees on a power Mac.

Mac Side:
---------

* What I had to do, was first use BBedit Lite to save the 'text' files as 
DOS type line endings. BBedit allows you to save a text file with Mac/Dos 
and unix linefeed/carrige returns.

I also had cut out the first few lines of the DXF file- the TREES program 
put in some junk about what created it.

By using Pixel Pro to take a lightwave object and save IT as a DXF, I 
could see what information was necessary, and what was extra.

Then finally save this file (with the DOS lineendings) to a pc formatted 
disk in my macintosh.

On the amiga side:
-----------------

* PixelPro XL. It loaded the files right in and saved them as lightwave 
objects.

* Lightwave would not read the DXF file- it had no trouble, however, with 
the pixel pro converted object.

Well, I had it in lightwave, and even though it seems to have converted 
all the surfaces, the tree only renders a dull grey- no matter what I 
change the surface colors to!!

I am still paying with this.